Thursday, April 29, 2010

Lugia

Just a brief update to let you know that I am now one Legendary Pokémon closer to catching 'em all.

As of about ten minutes ago, I am the proud owner of a level 45 Lugia.



Motherfucker took me about three and a half hours total, over a span of two days. I don't even want to think about how many Poké/Great/Ultra/Net/Dusk balls I've lobbed at this guy. All I can tell you is that I am physically out of breath.

To say that shit got real would be an understatement. Shit gained a sort of hyperrealism wherein we are all just shadows reflected on a wall in a cave in Shit's subconscious.



Whenever I wonder if I've outgrown Pokémon, if maybe my loyalty to the game is more out of nostalgia than anything else, if I even get anything out of the game anymore, I need only think back to the muted klik! of my Ultraball as it locked itself around the target, cementing my victory. That's what being a Pokémaster is all about.

And for the record? My Lugia (Ulysses) looks simply majestic following me around. I have a feeling that this might be the start of a beautiful friendship.



A more in-depth post later on. I need to go recover.

1 comment:

  1. The best thing about this catch is that the general stress level in the house has dropped considerably. Remind me to sleep over at a friend's house when it's time for another legendary pokémon. ;)

    -Laura

    ReplyDelete